Wood Slice Coasters

/



We all go through phases, right?  My current phase is wood slices.  They are rustic by nature and easy on the wallet.  On the heels of making the wood slice trays, I knew I wasn't quite done with these little guys yet. 

Upon yet another trip to the craft store (this time Joanne Fabrics, sorry Michaels), I found myself wandering the wood aisle.  I picked up this set of 3 wood slices that could be used as coasters.  These natural wood slices would be charming even if I did nothing to them, but then I wouldn't have a DIY project to share.

I didn't know exactly how I wanted to decorate them, but I knew that I wanted them to be bright, simple, and a bit girly.  I bought this floral stencil set from Target months ago, and never found a reason to use it until now.  I measured the slices to see which flower stencil would fit, and decided the daisy-inspired flowers would be perfect.

Items Needed:
3x wood slices
Stencils
Scotch tape
Acrylic paint and brushes
Polyurathane top coat
12x Felt coasters (4 per slice)


Directions:
1. Tape the stencil down to the wood slice
2. Apply 2 coats of paint
3. Once the paint is dry, apply the polyurethane top coat to protect it from grease and oils
4. Add 4 felt coasters to the bottom to protect the surface that the coasters will be on








Time Spent:
Approximately 45min

Estimated Cost: $25
The biggest expense is the polyurethane top coat ($12)

If the floral design is not your cup of tea, here are a few links with other designs you might be inspired by.
Tribal Design Coaster
Monogram Coaster



3 comments:

  1. You're amazing!! Ok, a couple things...
    1. Love, love, LOVE the staircase. Great job!

    -Jenifer J.

    2. The difference ingredients room looks beautiful. I love the wooden slate and the centerpieces. I agree, feminine and romantic.
    3. The barn looks so fun! Can't wait to check it out.
    4. Well done! Love the combination of diy projects, motherhood and decor. I can see myself becoming addicted to this blog.

    Also, can we have a coaster making playdate sometime? Pretty please?! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is like the best compliment ever because I seriously was wondering if people were even reading my blog. I am so happy you like it. Yes, we can totally do a crafting playdate. My painting is very "basic", but just imagine how those coasters would turn out with your painting skills!!

      Delete

  2. Paisley and Pacifiers

    WOOD SLICE COASTERS

    Labels: DIY / TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2016


    We all go through phases, right? My current phase is wood slices. They are rustic by nature and easy on the wallet. On the heels of making the wood slice trays, I knew I wasn't quite done with these little guys yet.

    Upon yet another trip to the craft store (this time Joanne Fabrics, sorry Michaels), I found myself wandering the wood aisle. I picked up this set of 3 wood slices that could be used as coasters. These natural wood slices would be charming even if I did nothing to them, but then I wouldn't have a DIY project to share.

    I didn't know exactly how I wanted to decorate them, but I knew that I wanted them to be bright, simple, and a bit girly. I bought this floral stencil set from Target months ago, and never found a reason to use it until now. I measured the slices to see which flower stencil would fit, and decided the daisy-inspired flowers would be perfect.

    Items Needed:
    3x wood slices
    Stencils
    Scotch tape
    Acrylic paint and brushes
    Polyurathane top coat
    12x Felt coasters (4 per slice)



    Directions:
    1. Tape the stencil down to the wood slice
    2. Apply 2 coats of paint
    3. Once the paint is dry, apply the polyurethane top coat to protect it from grease and oils
    4. Add 4 felt coasters to the bottom to protect the surface that the coasters will be on














    Time Spent:
    Approximately 45min

    Estimated Cost: $25
    The biggest expense is the polyurethane top coat ($12)

    If the floral design is not your cup of tea, here are a few links with other designs you might be inspired by.
    Tribal Design Coaster
    Monogram Coaster



    1 COMMENT: SHARE:
    You might also like:

    WOOD SLICE COASTERS
    TRAYS CHIC
    LOVING MY ABC'S
    MILK BOTTLE CENTERPIECE
    1 COMMENT:


    Jenifer JohnsonMAY 7, 2016 AT 7:25 PM
    You're amazing!! Ok, a couple things...
    1. Love, love, LOVE the staircase. Great job!
    2. The dining room is beautiful. I love the wooden slate and the centerpieces. I agree, feminine and romantic.
    3. The barn looks so fun! Can't wait to check it out.
    4. Well done! Love the combination of diy projects, motherhood and decor. I can see myself becoming addicted to this blog.
    Can we have a coaster making playdate sometime? Pretty please 😉

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top