Antique Shopping

/

I spent the morning browsing this really unique antique shop called United House Wrecking in Stamford, CT.  This truly one-of-a-kind antique shop got its start as a family-owned demolition company, stumbling across unique finds in the homes and churches that they demolished. Click here to see some of the antiques they have for sale.

I went there on the hunt for intentionally old & worn window panes.  Sadly, they didn't have anything close to what I was looking for, but if I had a spare $9,800 in my back pocket, I would have definitely been the proud owner of an 8ft. stained glass arched window.

I was really hoping to have my Joanna Gaines moment.  I have to say that moment didn't come.  But I didn't walk away empty handed.  As we were about to call it quits, something caught my eye.  I saw this beautiful silk floral centerpiece inside a mercury vase.  I love silk flowers, but its really tough to find nice ones that aren't hundreds of dollars. This one was only $32 and the owner gave me 10% off just because I asked if he could do any better on the price.

I decided to do one more lap before paying just in case I missed anything.  Its a good thing I did because I found this beautiful vintage cut-crystal pitcher that was screaming my name.  I knew it would come in great use as a floral centerpiece, playing off of the glass chandelier we just put up.

I put the blush colored silk flowers against the crystal pitcher to create a very romantic feel.  I added a wood slice base to bring in the rustic feeling of our dining room.  And to top it off, I layered it on top of a baby blue paisley print tablecloth to tie the blues and the blushes together.  This is a very different look than what I traditionally go for.  I gravitate towards daisies and sunflowers for a more country look.  But I have to say, this centerpiece combination of mercury and crystal feels very serene, romantic and feminine.


If you happen to be in the tri-state area, I definitely recommend making a stop at this special antique shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top