Dirty Mouth

/

It's no surprise that babies like to put pretty much everything in their mouths.  Well, Blake is no exception.  He's not even teething right now (at least from what I can tell), but yet his favorite activity is to put all objects, both big and small, into his tiny mouth.

When I first started noticing this, I was a lot more stern about having him remove said item from his mouth.  But, this became exhausting, and I gave up trying so hard.  I didn't mind it really, since it made him happy to be sucking or chewing on random items.  But then he started putting really dirty things in there, and that's when I put my foot down!  Although, Blake is rarely ever sick, so I wonder if all these germs he is ingesting is building up his toddler immunity. (pat on the back for mommy!)

He still mouths objects all day long, and rarely listens to me when asked to take it out of his mouth.  So I thought it would be funny to capture the 5 dirtiest things that have been in his mouth, or really darn close to it.

Mouthing toothpaste, which I am ok with :)
My house keys
This seems to be his latest obsession.  He grabs them from the front door to suck on the key fob that unlocks the car.  I usually let him suck on it until it's time to leave.  Then I trade him for the wubbanub (which is probably equally as dirty).

Remote Control
I let Blake watch the Wiggles everyday right before dinnertime.  He knows the drill.  I say "Xbox On" and then shortly after, he sees his favorite 3 men/1 woman singing about.  He quickly figured out that the remote control can do really cool things, and as a result, its become his favorite teether when he's in the TV room.  He actually managed to push something on there that stopped it from working, requiring us to reprogram the whole thing.  I bet some saliva got under the keypad during one of his many sucking sessions.

Dirt
Yes, you read correctly.  He has eaten dirt.  I have had to take my finger and scoop it out of his mouth. 

Sammy's Poop
Sammy has been ill for sometime, and occasionally has accidents inside the house.  I usually catch them before Blake has a chance to come in contact with it.  This one time, he got to it first.  He was squatted down in front of the poop and was about to grab it and put it in his mouth.  I bolted for him, nearly knocking him over to prevent this little snacking session from starting.  It was awful, I am still having nightmares.

Daddy's Toothbrush
This isn't as bad, but certainly not something I want in Blake's mouth.  Blake found the prized toothbrush in the bathroom as I was getting his bath ready.  I look over, and the toothbrush is on his lips, and he had the happiest look on his face.  Blake is obsessed with brushing his teeth, and he would have been over the moon to sample daddy's toothbrush, but I traded him for a rubber ducky.  You're welcome Brooke, I got your back!

All the mommies out there, have your kids had anything as dirty (or dirtier) in their mouths!?? Would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top