Hello Fall

/


In my little suburban bubble, a new season means a new opportunity to decorate around the house. 

While living in Manhattan, I had to be very selective of which holidays and seasons I decorated for, mainly because I didn't have anywhere to store all that décor off-season.  Well, I can say that one major plus about owning a home is the ability to stash all your décor in a basement where no one (aside from you) will ever go.

Fall is definitely my favorite season too, so I couldn't be more excited to start decorating and get the house smelling like pumpkin.  While I tend to gravitate to the blue and white family, Fall just isn't Fall without sprinkling some oranges and reds around the house.  Since I didn't own any Fall items, I took to HomeGoods where the magic began!

I started with 2 tablecloths, one for the deck and a runner for our farm table.  I went a bit more vibrant for the deck decor, and kept it more subdued indoors.  Every great table needs candlelight so I scored two wine cup inspired candle holders with coordinating pumpkin candles. 

The next matter of business was to bring the "idea of nature" indoors with some fake pumpkin-scented pinecones.  I tossed these in a white bowl to bring some elegance to the space. 

I then topped it off with 4 mini pumpkins that I picked up at an orchard yesterday.  My plan is to let Blake decorate the pumpkins as we get closer to Halloween, hoping to start a seasonal tradition for years to come.

I am considering decorating for Halloween, but it's just not one of my favorite holidays so I may pass and save our money for Christmas/Hanukkah décor.

Also, I have been pretty absent from blogging lately but I have a pretty good reason!  I used to do all my DIY projects and writing during Blake's naptime.  The past 6 weeks I have been so exhausted from the pregnancy and trying to keep up with Blake.  I have been using his naptime as my naptime as well.  I love to write and stay connected to my friends and family, so you will definitely see more posts in the future...just maybe not as frequent.  Hope anyone who is reading this has a wonderful Fall season!

Months later, and I am still obsessed with our chandelier!

The house smells like pumpkin!

Beautiful candleholder from HomeGoods, only $12.99!

Getting the table set-up for a S'mores night, hosted at my house

S'mores spread under the candlelight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top