Milk Bottle Centerpiece

/


Now that we can actually enjoy this beautiful Spring weather, I wanted to create a vibrant floral centerpiece that could be used indoors and out.  I took a little inspiration from my favorite magazine, Country Living, to create this farm-inspired milk bottle centerpiece.  I choose Emerald Green for the tray color to play off the flower stems, so that no matter what flower type I choose, the tray will always look good.  My favorite color is blue, so I had to tie it all together (literally!) with the blue and white bakers twine.  If you aren't a fan of bakers twine, you could also use lace, burlap, rope, or raffia to tie the milk bottles together.

This is definitely the easiest DIY project I have ever done, so easy that I am not sure it's fair to file it under "DIY"! The great thing about using milk bottles is that you can deconstruct this centerpiece, and use the bottles in combinations of 2, 3, etc.

What you need:
1. 1x unfinished wood tray (I got this one from Michael's)
2. 6x milk bottles
3. Paint (I used a bright green acrylic from Target called Satin Emerald)
4. Blue and white bakers twine


Directions:
1. Paint 1 coat on an unfinished wood tray. Depending on the quality of paint, you might need to do 2 coats of paint.





2. Let the wood dry completely before placing milk bottles inside


3. Cut a long piece of bakers twine to wrap 3x around all of the bottles, tying the ends in a final knot, and cutting the loose ends



4. Place bottles inside and begin arranging your flowers

The finished product

I added a floral-paisley placemat under the tray to brighten the centerpiece up even further


Looks great outdoors...

And indoors!


Time Spent:
From painting to flower arranging (excluding the time the wood was drying) took about 20 minutes


Estimated Cost:
Centerpiece- $15
4 small bouquets of flowers- $18


I hope you liked this extremely easy DIY centerpiece project!  Check back for more DIY updates coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top