The day he found his penis

/


I knew this day would come, I just figured it would come in perhaps 5-8 years from now.  Nothing can quite prepare you for "the moment". That awkward moment when your baby boy discovers his penis.

When I found out I was pregnant with a boy, a few things flashed thru my mind pretty much immediately.  Most of those things included penises in one way or another.  Things like, how do you clean a penis?  How do you potty train with a penis (like do they sit down or stand up)?  How do you tell them not to play with their penis? The list goes on and on...

I was changing Blake's diaper and I left him naked for not even 2 minutes.  I was getting the new diaper ready when I hear a soft giggle. Giggling on the changing table is actually quite rare these days. Most diaper changes include me pinning him down like a wild animal, singing the ABCs, and working my hands as fast as humanly possible.  So hearing that giggle I knew something was up.

I looked at him, still laughing, and then see his hand touching himself. Oh my. He is only 15 months old. He found his penis and enjoys touching it. Good lord.

I asked my husband (of course), "Is this normal? He is so young, why is he touching it already?" Response to clueless mom, "Yes its normal. He's touching it because it feels good. End of story."

Can hardly wait until he is out of diapers and has free reign to play with it.  That's going to be one conversation daddy gets to have with him, and not me.

And yes, Blake is going to kill me once he learns how to google search and read this blog entry.

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing! If you haven't already, submit to parenting publications, Readers Digest, etc. You will get picked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally JUST saw your comment. Thank you so much for your kind words, can't tell you how much that means to me. I haven't been writing as much lately, really ever since baby #2 arrived. Hoping to get back to it soon though. You made my day!

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top