Mom Bod Selfies

/

I take full body selfies on a regular basis, and I am not afraid to admit it.  However, the reason I take them is probably very far from what you would expect.  I take selfies so I can zoom in, and analyze every part of my 'mom bod' that I wish was tighter, and smoother, and smaller.  I take these selfies so I can look back a month from now and say, ok, we're making progress here I think, keep at it. 

I gained 47lbs with Blake, and somehow managed to lose about 20lbs before even leaving the hospital.  Pre-baby, losing 10lbs would have been a huge challenge, but now I had 27 ahead of me. As soon as I got the green light from my OB (6 wks pp) , I rejoined Equinox and made it my mission to lose the remaining pounds before Blake's 1st birthday.  My husband and I became passerbys in the wind.  Since I couldn't bring Blake to the gym until he was 3months old, I had to wait until Brooke was home from work before I could sneak out the door.  I also had to get back home in time for the next feeding, so that only left me sometimes 45m to get my workouts done (all while praying my breasts didn't leak into my sports bra, which they did...all the damn time). 

Those first few months were tough, you barely have the energy to walk from the sofa to your bed, and yet you need to run 5miles a day to burn those calories!  I added Shakeology shakes to my breakfast routine, and followed The Carb Lovers Diet (the same diet I did pre-wedding).  After a lot of patience and my fair share of mom bod selfies, I managed to lose the rest of the weight by 8months post partum. 

You'd expect that I would be jumping for joy now that I was back to my old weight, but truth is, your body isn't the same! I am stronger in some areas than before like my shoulders and arms.  Toting around a 23lb child helps build your upperbody strength.  But the abs I once enjoyed are yet to be seen, and I wonder if they will ever return.

Rarely do I wake up and think, 'yea mommy, you look great today'. But today was different, I woke up with confidence and excitement to take that darn selfie. I usually reserve my mom bod selfies for my iCloud, but today, I share it here.

I never know what kind of face to make in selfies, so I just smirked.

Real arm definition, its not just the lighting!
Considering I had a martini and Japanese food last night, I woke up feeling great!


1 comment:

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top