First Trimester Essentials

/




This isn't my first rodeo that's for sure.  This time around, I know exactly what I need to make it through all 3 trimesters.  Below are my top 5 first trimester essentials.  Check back in for both 2nd and 3rd trimester essentials.  Oh, and that last trimester that no one ever mentions...the 4th trimester!

Bio-Oil
I used this silky oil throughout my entire pregnancy with Blake.  You rub it pretty much anywhere you think you will get a stretch mark.  Believe it or not, I didn't get one single stretch mark on my massive pregnant stomach.  I did get a few where I did not apply it, so I am going to credit this oil as a magical potion.  I recommend using this product the moment you notice your belly growing. You will thank me later, I promise!


Sunscreen
After your first OB appointment, the doctor will scare you about the "mask of pregnancy".  I even googled it after my appointment to see what she was getting all dramatic about.  Turns out, its a real thing and it is pretty horrible.  From that day on, I was a total sunscreen junkie. I used to only apply it when I was going to be laying out in the sun.  Now, I religiously apply it even when I don't have any plans to be outside.  You never know what the day may bring, and you definitely want to avoid getting "the mask". 



Water Bottles
If you are anything like me, you probably don't drink nearly enough water. I could go the entire day without drinking a sip of water and I would be totally fine.  But I know how important it is to stay hydrated during pregnancy, so I knew I would have to change my bad habits fast!  I bought a 24 pack of water bottles and filled up our fridge with them.  I knew having them cold and ready to grab would make the transition to water drinker that much easier.  I usually grab one before leaving the house so that I always have cold water on me.  This may not seem that life changing, but its certainly help me stay hydrated.



Prenatal Vitamins
While pregnant Blake, I always remembered to take my vitamins.  This time around, I noticed I kept forgetting to take them which I imagine is from the mommy-brain that I now suffer from.  I discovered these gummy vitamins at GNC and they actually taste good.  It's almost like a small treat to take them which helps in jogging my memory to take them every morning.  Prenatal vitamins are so important for fetal development so any way that you can remember to take them is critical.
Maternity Gym Pants
Now that I am a SAHM, I live in gym pants Monday - Friday.  I have been religiously going to the gym 4-5 days a week, and my old maternity gym pants just weren't cutting it.  All of the pants I had with Blake are see-thru when you bend over which makes taking group exercise classes a bit uncomfortable.  I even invested in an $80 pair thinking they would be perfect for the gym.  Turns out, they keep falling down, and I cant even walk from the parking lot to the lobby without having to yank them back up.  I went on a hunt looking for the perfect gym pants and finally found them at Gap.  They are not see-through, they stay up on your belly where they should, and they are totally affordable. I recently bought 3 of them and just rotate them all week long. 


Would love to hear your first trimester essentials! Feel free to comment here or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top