Curbside Assistance

/

At first I thought I was just being lazy.  I didn't want to deal with the hassle of taking Blake out of the car seat just to grab a cup of fresh coffee or run a simple errand.  I would often analyze the cost vs. benefit of said errand.  Is it really worth dealing with getting Blake in and out of the car?

I suppose at times it was actually me just being lazy.  But once my pregnant belly became a hindrance to getting Blake in and out of the car, I began to think...there is a huge missed business opportunity here!  Starbucks and Dunkin both have a drive-thru at select locations (nothing super close to me of course).  If a coffee shop can do this, what's stopping other local businesses?

Back in the day when I would sit in my driveway waiting for Blake to wake up from a nap, I came up with a list of businesses that I believe could greatly benefit from offering drive-thru options, or even just a sales person willing to come out to my car to deliver goods.

Here are just a few places I have in mind...

Post Office
- Maybe if they offered this new curbside service, they wouldn't be worried about going bankrupt in a few years.  I am sure there are folks out there willing to pay a premium for this luxury.

Dry Cleaners
- I cant tell you how many times my husbands bag of dress clothes have sat in my trunk before I managed to actually take them inside the dry cleaners.  My latest tactic is to wait until I see a parking spot right in front of the cleaners, and then I wave someone down from inside.  They take my bag of clothes and credit card, and bring me out a receipt.  The place we take our clothes to actually delivers which is a huge plus in my book. All the while, Blake is happily playing in the backseat and I don't look like a bad parent for leaving my child unattended.

Sandwich Shop
- Sometimes (ok several times), I just don't feel like cooking.  When you don't feel like cooking, there aren't too many options aside from fast food.  Ever since I got food poisoning from Taco Bell (circa Dec 2004, Breckenridge), I try to avoid fast food options as much as possible.  Wouldn't it be nice if Panera Bread or a local deli offered sandwiches delivered to your car door? I bet this would be a huge hit among SAHM whose kids are napping in the backseat (just sayin...)

Pharmacy
- I don't know what it is about pharmacies that Blake despises, but I have yet to take him into one without a complete meltdown.  It could be the combination of the harsh lighting or the long aisles of items he is not allowed to touch.  Either way, its pretty much the worst experience for anyone involved.  How amazing would it be if a pharmacist (or sales associate) could bring my prescription out to the car, along with any other necessities?  I would definitely be open to paying a premium just to avoid meltdown city.

If I ever opened a local businesses, this would be among my top offerings to advertise! Maybe one day I will get that opportunity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top