DIY Nursery

/

If you've been following my blog since its inception, you know that I love DIY projects.  After I got pregnant with Emily and the morning sickness (all-day sickness) began, I put all of my DIY projects on hold.  I only had a certain amount of energy in me, and I needed to conserve it for Blake.

Once I got into my third trimester, I got a tiny bit motivation to begin working on some DIY projects, solely for the nursery.  My goal was to buy as few "pre-made" pieces as possible, and instead showcase some of my creativity in my baby girls room. I kept telling myself "When Emily is older, I can tell her, mommy made that just for you!"

While I am at it, I might as well show what the room looked like beforehand. There were yellow sponge painted walls and ceilings, making the room feel very closed in.  The nursery is a bit odd-shaped, with a slanted ceiling and not a ton of space.  I envisioned a very bright and super girly room without feeling too "diva" like.  I picked out 6 different white/off-white samples until we found this one.  There was no overhead lighting, so we picked out a crystal chandelier to brighten up the room and give the nursery a touch of elegance.  I was always drawn to a pink-grey-gold color palette and tried to pull those colors in throughout the room.  I also have a slight obsession with hearts, so where I could, I threw those in for good measure.

Previous Homeowner
Room Makeover

Here are a few pictures of my favorite room details and DIY projects.  I didn't want to break the bank, so I mixed in a few select pieces from Restoration Hardware & PB Kids along with essentials from Target. Also, I found the white crib and Pottery Barn rocking chair second hand, which saved us a ton of money.

DIY Accessory Wall

DIY Heart Hanger; spray painted to match the decor

DIY Wall Art, inspired by an item at Restoration Hardware

Pretty pop of hearts to hold my Wildbird sling

DIY Dream Catcher and crystal knobs

DIY Wall shelf; purchased raw wood and painted white
DIY Initial "E"
Hope you guys liked seeing pictures of our baby girls nursery.  I truly believe the room is a good mix of store bought & homemade items that make it tailored but also homey. If you are interested in any of DIY items, I am more than happy to discuss with you! Just comment here or send me an email. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top